Here are 10 reasons why FloodSax alternative sandbags are way better than traditional sandbags.
1. Easy to store and are vacuum-packed to save even more space.
2. FloodSax are multi-purpose and flexible, unlike ordinary sandbags. In their dry state, FloodSax can be slipped into hard-to-reach places such as beneath pipes and boilers to soak up leaks, drips and spills. Traditional sandbags are, well, just sandbags and you can only use them outside.
3. FloodSax are always there for peace of mind so there’s no need to panic buy sandbags if a flood is forecast.
4. Can be expanded in water right next to where you need them and stay taut until the flood subsides so are ideal as strong and robust flood barriers.
5. Lightweight before they are used with the standard dry FloodSax bag weighing just a few ounces so can be used by people who would not be able to lift ordinary sand bags.
6. Thousands of FloodSax can be quickly transported in a van, saving on fuel, wages and manpower.
7. One can be expanded and put down the toilet to block it from filthy water being forced up by floodwater backing up through the drains and sewer.
8. FloodSax don’t need sand - one of the earth’s natural resources - and so saves the environment.
9. According to the Environment Agency, sandbags seep water even when well-stacked and trodden into place.
10. It takes two people to fill traditional sandbags and around one hour to get just 12 sandbags ready. You can pop a dozen FloodSax into a large tub of water at the same time and they’ll all be ready for action in minutes.
And if that’s not enough, here’s what the Environment Agency has to say about sandbags: “Sandbags are relatively ineffective when compared to purpose-built flood protection products. We strongly encourage people to use these products.”